NEW DELHI: Aadhaar is a verifiable 12-digit identification number issued by UIDAI to every resident of India. In 2017, UIDAI launched mAadhaar app. The app allows you to carry your Aadhaar data in your smartphone without the fear of it getting lost or damaged. While you can download mAadhar app on any smartphone and register your profile, the OTP will be sent to only to the registered mobile for any verification. Here are all the benefits you can avail mAadhaar app for:
* mAadhaar app can be used to view/show Aadhaar at places where residents are required to show their ID proof. The app is accepted as a valid ID proof at airports and railways.
* mAadhaar app allows users to update address in Aadhaar via document or without document proof. Aadhaar Sync feature in the app allows to fetch the updated data in Aadhaar profile after successful completion of an update request.
* mAadhaar app can be used to keep/manage Aadhaar of family members (up to 5 members) in one mobile.
* mAadhaar app allows users to share paperless eKYC or QR code to service providing agencies.
* mAadhaar app allows users to secure their Aadhaar by locking Aadhaar or Biometrics.
* mAadhaar app can be used generate or retrieve VID (virtual ID) which a user can use in the place of Aadhaar to avail Aadhaar services (for those who have locked their Aadhaar or do not wish to share their Aadhaar). Presently, there is no expiry period defined for VID. VID will be valid till the time a new VID is generated by the Aadhaar number holder.
* mAadhaar app can be used to check request Status Dashboard. After enrolling for Aadhaar, ordering reprint or updating Adhaar data, resident can check the status of the service request in the app.
* mAadhaar app can be used to get update history and view authentication records.
* mAadhaar app can be used to book appointment to visit Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
* mAadhaar app offers time-based one-time password instead of SMS based OTP to avail Aadhaar Online Services available on the UIDAI website.